Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Do you think? I noticed that the front rotor is rubbing on the left pad (as you are sitting on the bike). I think I just need to do some fine tuning with the QR.

Also...it's been hella dry and dusty around these parts. Plus over the weekend I was riding at two ski resorts and one of those resorts had some small water crossings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which brakes

which brakes are your running? I don't know about the pads - just though it would be a inexpensive way to try, plus it can't hurt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
original

BelaySlave said:
Hayes HFX 9.
original pads?

I read somewhere the stock pads on the hayes suck - i think it was this months mba - the shop talk article maybe.....come to think of it, maybe it was last months?

fyi - I have the same brakes w/ original pads & no problems yet.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
ShanerPVT said:
is it just me or is the board alittle dull since ivi got his bike?
I take full responsibility. We need someone to be out there taking lots of epic riding shots, and I have failed miserably as of late. I've been prepping for the MS150 this weekend on my road bike and my Yeti has been very under appreciated lately.

After this weekend I will do my part to help liven up the board. Please accept my sincere, temporary roadie apology....

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Yup...still the original pads. I really do think I just need to tweak around with the QR so that the rotor ain't rubbing on the pads.

I took plenty of pix this past weekend when I was riding at two ski resorts. But no action shots cuz I still haven't figured out how to use my self timer. Maybe I'll figure it out this weekend or will just find some chode to take a pic of me.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
ShanerPVT said:
is it just me or is the board alittle dull since ivi got his bike?
Ha Ha... See, people were complaining about my posting but look what it brought to this forum. Lets see, what else do I need to research to buy eventually.. way down the road...? :p

Was it dull before I started asking questions? Possibly everyone just got used to the daily chatter I was creating...

I'll create a thread right now..... :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.