Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a brand new 2004 Duke Race to replace my old Marz X-Fly, and I have the lockout kit to boot. I found a link to this part online:

http://store.airbomb.com/ba/asp/ic.FK4714/ab/Itemdesc.htm

Bad news is, Rockshox says nothing about this part in their tech section, and the directions (while not written in chinese) make little sense. I had to read the Airbomb article to figure out that the nice machined lightweight aluminum rod I couldn't figure out was for reverse compatibility to 2001-2 shocks.

Anyone done this install with some tech tips? It has my LBS totally floored.

·
THE ZOOMING ZOOMER
25 Posts
I added a lockout unit to my 2003 Duke SL.

If all you are trying to do is add the lockout the instructions are on the RS website. I would give you the link but it doesnt seem to be working for me right now. The instructions should be under the Pure Delight Damper servicing manual. It worked for me the first time without problems.

·
Stabbitha
140 Posts
Gambrills said:
Hey, I have a brand new 2004 Duke Race to replace my old Marz X-Fly, and I have the lockout kit to boot. I found a link to this part online:

http://store.airbomb.com/ba/asp/ic.FK4714/ab/Itemdesc.htm

Bad news is, Rockshox says nothing about this part in their tech section, and the directions (while not written in chinese) make little sense. I had to read the Airbomb article to figure out that the nice machined lightweight aluminum rod I couldn't figure out was for reverse compatibility to 2001-2 shocks.

Anyone done this install with some tech tips? It has my LBS totally floored.
04 Duke Race already has a lockout. Are you looking to do a remote kit install?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep

Flow 559 said:
04 Duke Race already has a lockout. Are you looking to do a remote kit install?
Yes, the remote lockout kit install. Couldn't find the instructions on their web site, though previous poster claims it's there. I'll spider the site again I guess
:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's intuitive

ZOOM said:
If all you are trying to do is add the lockout the instructions are on the RS website. I would give you the link but it doesnt seem to be working for me right now. The instructions should be under the Pure Delight Damper servicing manual. It worked for me the first time without problems.
When I think "remote lockout", I think "Pure Delight Damper". ???

I'll take another look... thanks bro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, found it

ZOOM said:
http://www.sram24.com/newtechdoc/en...n/serviceguides/pdf/03_04PureServiceGuide.pdf

Sadly the manual doesn't say anything about adding the remote lockout kit. I will search for the old manual you used which apparently included this info, otherwise I guess I will just try to figure it out. Thanks man.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh now I see what you are saying.

No there is not anything about remote lockout. I thought you were talking about installing the whole lockout assembly not the remote. My bad, and just when I was feeling smart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S'all good.

jensen23 said:
No there is not anything about remote lockout. I thought you were talking about installing the whole lockout assembly not the remote. My bad, and just when I was feeling smart.
Ya I'm kinda bummed, it's like I'm the only one who's ever tried to do this or something. There is seriously nothing on their site about it, and of the 2004 mtbr reviews (there are 2) no one mentions it. In 2003 one of 14 reviews mentions it and said it sucked:

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_front_shocks/product_122066.shtml

so I'm a bit worried. Maybe it's all about doing the install right... which is hard considering there's no documentation!

Ugh. Maybe I'll write it up if I figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.