Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seal issues once again

The history is I have a DUC w/the old black oem seals that would leave some oil rings but never caused oil leaking down to the drop outs.

I went to get it rebuilt -purely maint reasons- and put the Enduro seals in, fork started leaking like a siv and I came to find out the LBS installed the wrong seals. The LBS put in the correct seals but now it appears that one of the seal heads is leaking, whcih Seems like a very odd place for it to leak. I do recall the mech saying that in order for the new seals to work they had to put in new seal heads which requires some glueing.

The only thing I can think of is that either there is some issue now w/a seal head or I inadvertantly spilled some brake fluid on the fork leg after bleeding the brake. Im gonna give everything a real good wipe down and ride again on Fri.

Has anyone had any of these issues?

The LBS is gonna be pretty bummed if I bring it back again as it seems to be a real source of frustration for them and myself.

Anyone got the rebuild/tool kit ofr this fork?

Thanks for any info

wayne

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
download the service/setup pdfs on maverickamerican.com, it explains all you ever wanted to know about how to setup and service your fork and what tools you'll need. Then. call Ethan at maverick tech and explain your situation, get the parts you need and start working on your fork at home. You will be much better off.

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Freebiker's right!

I've had mine apart many times dabling with misc. tuning aspects. Very easy to do!:thumbsup: The seals shouldn't need any special tools, and the plastic caps at the bottom of the fork leg shouldn't need to be removed unless they're damaged or you need to replace the bushings.

The only special tools you may need would be a bushing tool for major overhauling or a pin tool if you need to replace any of the Q/R parts. Everything else is sockets, adjustable wrenches, allens and screwdrivers. You could add a torque wrench if you'd like. Don't forget the thread lock!

Ethans' great to deal with as well, very promt at getting back with the answers.:thumbsup:

Good luck!:D

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must have just been brake fluid, did a 2 hour ride and everything is nice and dry.

wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.