Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I messed up the o ring that goes between the inner race and the spindle. Went to the bike shop and they called SRAM. Apparently it’s not a part SRAM sells. They said they do have some out of spec or damaged BBs that they will salvage those seals out of for me and send them our way. But I wondering if anyone had any luck with sourcing from other places on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went through the same process with talking to a few bike shops and Sram. No one could tell me the size of the oring.

I ended up measuring the good oring. The oring size is 1mm cross section X 29mm ID. The blue DUB oring appears to be silicone. The orings I ordered from The Oring Store are Buna, 70 durometer. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went through the same process with talking to a few bike shops and Sram. No one could tell me the size of the oring.

I ended up measuring the good oring. The oring size is 1mm cross section X 29mm ID. The blue DUB oring appears to be silicone. The orings I ordered from The Oring Store are Buna, 70 durometer. Perfect fit.
Awesome man! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
In true amateur-hour fashion I'd destroyed the two original o-rings before I even had a chance to install the BB.
Luckily I found this thread before I waisted any time looking around for replacements.
I ordered the ones you suggested and received them less than two days later.
Let's see if I can make it through the rest of this build without breaking or damaging anything else.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gah! I broke one of mine as well doing some crankset cleaning/maintenance. Thanks for this link as I will go ahead and order the replacements. I am wondering though, how catastrophic it actually is to ride without that tiny piece of stringy rubber in there? I did manage to clean/tighten everything up nicely and it's riding buttery smooth now, silent as can be. A whole new bottom bracket which contains the O-rings is only about 40 bucks. Who knows...even without the one O-ring, will it ride smoothly and quietly for a long time without messing with it again??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.