Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2462 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
This graph doesn't make any sense. The wheel travel:shock travel is more/less a straight line. The shock rate is curvy. How are you defining shock rate? It's apparently not the derivative of the blue line because that should be really flat
w=wheel travel
s= shock travel

LR=(w[n+1] - w[n])/(s[n+1]-s[n])

Attached is the raw data. I think the scaling is what is throwing you off. The line isn't completely straight and the overall range of LR is actually pretty small.

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for working that through

Thankfully it still looks like a high tune works. If the frame looks good the RT3 may go in for a custom tune from PUSH.

·
Registered
653 Posts
RE Finny

The high tune was based on the plots in this thread. We just want to get the bike together to see if it's decent. Otherwise I think sending the bike drawing to PUSH might be a better idea.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On 2011/10/19 I ordered and paid a frame from Hongfubikes. I tried to contact them to get news, but can not be answered: skype, hotmail, email, nothing! are now 4 days. Have you recently had contact? I'm beginning to think badly....

·
GoCyco
359 Posts
Wow

On 2011/10/19 I ordered and paid a frame from Hongfubikes. I tried to contact them to get news, but can not be answered: skype, hotmail, email, nothing! are now 4 days. Have you recently had contact? I'm beginning to think badly....
Almost one month with no contact, I'd be worried too. I had very quick feedback with LT on my frame. Hope it works out for you and there is a good explaination for the lack of response.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Let's hope all goes well...I can't believe it's a fraud. Other people have bought from Hongfu and have not complained...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't seen a single person say they didn't receive their frame after ordering the hardtail version. My frame took almost 2 months to arrive since I ordered a BB30 version and they didn't have any made at the time.

Just have patience....if you've ordered and paid for a frame it will come.

·
Uncle
4,275 Posts
DJ? Comfort bike?

Trying to figure out if I'll see more of these slung over the tailgate of a Chevy or strapped to the back of an RV:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't seen a single person say they didn't receive their frame after ordering the hardtail version. My frame took almost 2 months to arrive since I ordered a BB30 version and they didn't have any made at the time.

Just have patience....if you've ordered and paid for a frame it will come.
You're right, but beginning they told me the frame would come in the middle of this month. If they had talked about two months, I would get over it (in italian put the soul in peace!) and waited...

·
Registered
653 Posts
We ordered on 10/17

We ordered the 036 in matte 3K with BSA and were told three weeks for shipping. This frame is just starting production and my guess is that depending on finish and BB the wait times could be a few weeks.

I think that singleton orders are not really well tracked in the inventory system. Combine that with the incentive to get new sales as opposed to servicing existing orders, means patience is required.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In the last email they said that the production is a frame a day: as soon as they produce a frame with my requests (size 17.5", UD matte finish, BSA), send it. As you say, a lots of patience is needed...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone receive one of these yet?

I see these have been listed on ebay over the last few days the seller happy_estore, curious if anyone dealt with that seller. They have them listed now at $1020 plus 80 shipping but one sold last week at 640 plus shipping. At $720 shipped I'd really consider buying one of these. I did email the seller to ask some questions so we'll see.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Frame in the house!

The frame arrived yesterday shipped last Tuesday. The finish is top notch it is beautiful. Sadly it arrived without any shock mount hardware. I think I can get some somewhere, the upper and lower are 8mm with 22mm spacing. I suspect I should email janice to see if we were supposed to get hardware.

The frame weighs 2040g and none of the pivots were greased out of the box.
Here are some photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
I will post build pics as we go.

Normally this wouldn't take too long, but the lack of shock hardware has me stymied. We could drop $62 on RWC needle bearings I guess.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The frame arrived yesterday shipped last Tuesday. The finish is top notch it is beautiful. Sadly it arrived without any shock mount hardware. I think I can get some somewhere, the upper and lower are 8mm with 22mm spacing. I suspect I should email janice to see if we were supposed to get hardware.

The frame weighs 2040g and none of the pivots were greased out of the box.
Here are some photos:
Do you have a close-up of the front derailleur mount?

61 - 80 of 2462 Posts