Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running a dual ring chain device on their 7? I did some shuttle runs today and found the chain bouncing off fairly frequently. The chain stays on in typical trail riding situations but I found it coming off in the rocky sections. I run XT cranks with an e-13 bash guard.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Paperplane said:
Is anybody running a dual ring chain device on their 7? I did some shuttle runs today and found the chain bouncing off fairly frequently. The chain stays on in typical trail riding situations but I found it coming off in the rocky sections. I run XT cranks with an e-13 bash guard.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.
Some options here (scroll to the mtb and cx sections)....
http://www.acecosportgroup.com/content/products/

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure the K-Edge products are the solution as the problem isn't dropping the chain onto the frame but, dropping from middle to granny. I've used e-13 SRS' before, was wondering if anyone has been running the DRS.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I' running an E13 DRS'05,, I used all the hardware from my Nomad chain guide before sell it. I just bough the plate, I choose the steel one because in case of bent it, I can fix it. What I had to do is remove a part of the plate because in the most away place on the tabs, the chainstay still hitting it. After all this, problem solved and I love the performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts