Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing a dual P7 light but only want to run them at high 1500mah and low at 700mah. 3 mode hi-lo-off is preferable- OR hi with a dimmer. If I stay at 1500mah I can manage the heat easily- after that its blistering hot sitting still ad only really hot in motion.

Any driver suggestions- I like the LuxDrive buck drivers but they are limited to 1000mah - ideas?

· Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
odtexas said:
Wire two buckpucks in parallel.
Been doing it for a while without any issue.
Just have to hook the VIN + to the switch to turn off each buckpuck independently.
I was thinking about the same thing. I was real unsure about how to do it.

OK wire them in parallel to the leds? right? I can do that with the same power supply I am guessing. Sounds like if I wanted to I could use 2 700mah drivers for 1400mah OR 1 500mah and 1 1000mah driver for 1500mah.

Not sure if I have the room for the two drivers.

· Registered
744 Posts
The TaskLED Hipflex driver will do exactly what you want. One of its operating modes is a Duomode constant which has high/low setting. The high setting is what you set the max current level to, which in this case will be 1.4a. The low setting is also user adjustable so you can set it to what you like for output vs battery consumption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.