Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Citizen Of Earth
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how you [those of you that do have] like a dual crown over a single on the 7Point. I can't afford to buy, ride, and not like, so I need some advice. I have a 66RCV on my 08 7Point right now, but am considering a 888 or a 40. I'm no pro-tuner but is there a way to tune a 66RCV to give that smooth buttery low speed travel and still be able to take a hard hit at speed or a big drop?

·
If you think you can
1,032 Posts
I know some people have them on their 7 points. I have been wanting to get a 888 for my 06, but money has been pretty short the past few months. You can get some smokin deals on some used ones. And from what i heard, they are the **** on 7 points. Your 08 already is a bit more slack than mine, but it would make it a bit more slack. And some 7 points even came stock with 7" boxxers on them, so they are strong enough.
And sorry, cant comment on the rcv. If you can get an rc2x fork, they are buttery smooth!

·
Citizen Of Earth
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sentiments exactly on the gutting aspect (or racking), plus when I rode an A-Line at Angelfire, it was mustard. I loved it. So smooth and progressive. I could hit stuff slow and it'd soak it up and I could hit stuff fast and hard and fly through the air and land wrong and it would still feel smooth. Ofcourse that 888 was set up for the World Cup, but it was so nice.

Just wondering if its worth it over my 66 RCV?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an 06 7point5 with a 7" travel boxxer dual crown fork on it. Totally worth it in my opinion. It responded very well to any adjustment (compression, rebound, and gate).

I now have an 08 (made in 09 for rscycle) 7point3 with the upgraded geometry, and a single crown domain. The domain is an awesome fork in my opinion. Very plush low speed, and still feels bottomless. I like it better then my buddies 66 (he has one on his Kona)

But I will eventually upgrade to a dual crown again on my new 7point. That is unless I end up spending all of my time on my Sunday................But the sunday just isn't as versatile as the 7point. So I wouldn't mind selling my sunday, and buying a new boxxer fork for my 7. I think that would be one of......if not the best all around bike ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.