Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you out there roll dual 2.7's front and back? I just mounted a Nevegal 2.7 up front and although it's heavy, it's friggin' nice! I've got a 2.5 coming in today for the rear, but a buddy wants to trade another 2.7 nevegal for a tire I'm selling. Just curious if you guys have ever ran dual 2.7's front and back, and if so, how does it ride? Of course I know its heavy, and it's not the best for you racing fella's, but if you just shuttle and ride lift access, wouldn't this be a trick setup or what?

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
I JUST switched out from running 2.7 Nev up front and a 2.7 mobster in back.
I now have the 2.7 mobster up front and a 2.35 highroller in back and I must say I am liking it alot.

The current set up drifts more in a amazingly predictable way and its WAY faster.

Dual 2.7's are fun for the heavy duty feel and look they give but they are over all slow and HEAVY. Overkill really especially if you run a rim skinnier than a mag 30 or double wide, they fold over in the corners too much.

I still Like the Nev but I just now realize how slow it is.
I think it shines as a front tire for slower tech Northshore woodwork though.
now that its dry I will be running this setup for a while I think.

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
i have dual 2.7 nevegals, i wish i was only rollin 2.5's tho i dont notice anything but the weight diff from my 2.5 high rollers

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea! TONS of rotating mass.:madman: I put a 3.0" on a buddies wheel(Because I had motercycle tire levers), weighed the wheel, and it came out to 11.5 LBS!!!!!!!!! There are road bikes that weigh that much. insane. it did ride smooth tho.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ran the 2.7 nevs front and back, 2.5 nevs front and back, and am now running 2.35 minions. For the places you ride most of the time, ie mohican and vultures, get the 2.35 nevs. I haven't used a tire this small in a while, and it unbelievably fast. They are pretty sketch in very rough sections. For the stuff at mohican they are great. I used them at snowshoe, and were fine on all trails except lower hair ball and rock garden. I dont think that any tire can hold a line down rock garden at speed though. Lower HB eats me alive for some reason. It's in my head now and I can't shake it. The 2.35 minions are a little small but wicked fast, and I am going to try out a 2.5 minion front and a 2.35 nev rear and give it a go. I love the minion as a front tire, but the rear is a little sketch. I am loving how my chumba f4 feels with the lighter setup though. The lower weight and resistance make the bike easier to rip around and manage in the air.

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
i had dual intense FRO 2.7's

with my profile racing dr1 which was a 15 pound frame, equaling out with mag30s
equaled 50+ pounds

i def. stomped the hell out of the earth;)

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Riding bro of mine is runnin' dos Michy 2.8 UST's w/tubes on VPFree w/66sl & a DHX air. This bike is 39.75 in :thumbsup: poundage. Crap, its lighter than :madman: my Bullit, (black), 43 lbs. w/2.7 Nev/ft & 2.5 Nev/rear w/5th coil & 05 66rc.:madmax:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts