Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
X-post from Giant forum

Anybody has changed the standard Giant HV shock for an aftermarket one on any bike???

My DU bushings are prolly shot and as Giant does not publish their actual dimensions and I can't get a caliper, I'm asking you if you can give any insight.

Is there any shock that would work with the same hardware as the Giant??

Thanks!!

Additional point for anyone who would let me know which brand uses a 30.5mm ID spring like the Giant HV does (Manitou and Progressive do not - those use 35+mm springs.

I need a 400 for my 150 pound when I'm on my Warp.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do these ones ....

look like shot??

For whomever may be interested....

Gaint HV shock, 7.5" X 2"
Spring 30.5mm ID X 120mm long (600 X 2.00)

Shock head width 1/2"
DU ID 1/2", 15mm OD

Fix shock Pivot mount hardware 31.5mm X 6mm ID
Rear shock Pivot mount hardware 28mm X 6mm ID

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Detail of Pivot bolt... a bit rusty where the bearing contacts but nothing good cleaning cannot solve.

BTW... bearings are 2 X 6903-2RS. Dimensions are 17mm ID X 30mm OD X 7mm thick

Those are double lip totally plastic sealed bearings. Can be replaced by 69033-ZZ which is a full sealed, all metal (including seals) bearings.

Attachments

·
I live to bike
2,451 Posts
Pretty much any shock with the same eye-to-eye should work. Try to replace it with one with the same stroke length, too, so leverage wouldn't be changed. A nice air shock with SPV would be a great improvement for the Warp. A friend of mine switched out for an air shock on his, but don't remember which one. As for shock mount hardware, that's not a major expense if the new shock doesn't work with the Giant hardware. If you just want a new spring, you could get one from your local Giant dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.