Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a used CCDB - it is coming with spherical contact bearings in both ends. Because of the width of my rear linkage I will be changing out one of the spherical bearings to a DU bushing. Does the CCDB use 1/2" or 12mm DU Bushings? (I don't have the shock in hand to measure and just want to be prepared)

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
nanda said:
I have recently purchased a used CCDB - it is coming with spherical contact bearings in both ends. Because of the width of my rear linkage I will be changing out one of the spherical bearings to a DU bushing. Does the CCDB use 1/2" or 12mm DU Bushings? (I don't have the shock in hand to measure and just want to be prepared)
I just made this change to CCDB. I took it off of my VP Free and put it on my Nomad. The "sphinctoral bearings" are an odd size for shocks and when you replace them w/DU bushings you have to get them from CC cut to length, (talk to Malcom). This can be a bit aggrevating due to the combo of parts that can/maybe required. I don't know the size of the race for the spherical bearings so I'm probably no help....jus' my .02.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm...

I just tried calling Cane Creek and apparently everyone who knows anything is on a field trip to Whistler, returning Tuesday (so I am still in the dark...) Apparently, some jobs are tough!

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
nanda said:
Hmmmm...

I just tried calling Cane Creek and apparently everyone who knows anything is on a field trip to Whistler, returning Tuesday (so I am still in the dark...) Apparently, some jobs are tough!
I was considering calling Malcolm and discussing the setup/adjustments of a VP Free length shock, (8.75 x 2.75) used on a Nomad that uses an 8.5 x 2.5 shock, but you have confirmed my suspicions; best wait till the week after th' 4th. I'd be willing to give up my job for a "tough job like theirs".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.