Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just changed to full suss for the new season. My race bike is a KTM Score Prestige with a DT XR180 shock. I have followed the 25% sag rule but it seems to be going through a lot of travel. It doent bob when Im pedaling but it does seem a bit soft at times.

Is this something I just need to get used to? Would an RP23 be more tuneable in relation to sag/pressure? Ideally Id like it more progressive

·
Registered
95 Posts
Leverage ratios change with suspension design; So if you have an RP23 it will still flow through travel eaiser. My Mongoose flows through travel eaiser than my cannondale that I had even if my RP23 has more psi. The goose suspension is just set up to give a more plush ride. I would think that your bike is just set up to be plush too. Sometimes shocks are tuned for the bike they will go on too so you could maybe change that but I say ride it as it is set up because they built the bike to perform for the type of riding it was made for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.