Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
mmmmmmmmm....nice
Those hubs rock!
Had to send mines back to hadley for some service on one the bad bearings...they were absolutely great.

Later down the road I needed to convert the 10mm axle to a 12 so I gave them a call to ask for one. first thing I get is "Oh yeah hi Jason I remember you...you had a problem with your bearings and we fixed them while back right." Unbeatable service man!!

Can't wait to see the new HL Chingon.

Booner

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TA, let me put it this way, my Highline is gonna scream, "Viva la Raza!". I"ll lace the Hadley to a Mavic 729 most likely.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that is one pimpin ride. Unfortunately, my bike will be screaming "Viva la raza" in a completely different way.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dusty Bottoms said:
My guess is it won't be screaming that until at least August.
Do you have the inside scoop, or is that speculation? I ran into a guy on an Ellsworth Rogue the other day. That is one nice looking bike. The craftsmanship was top notch. Too bad they don't make a bigger frame size. Right now I've got an itchy trigger finger. The Versus Trigger is looking very nice. I'm holding out for the Highline, but I don't know if I can wait til August. :rolleyes:

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Do you have the inside scoop, or is that speculation? I ran into a guy on an Ellsworth Rogue the other day. That is one nice looking bike. The craftsmanship was top notch. Too bad they don't make a bigger frame size. Right now I've got an itchy trigger finger. The Versus Trigger is looking very nice. I'm holding out for the Highline, but I don't know if I can wait til August. :rolleyes:
Hang in there big guy its worth the wait:D

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
El Chingon said:
Let's call it educated speculation. We spoke about it in December and it sounded as though he had a LOT on his plate before dealing with the XL HL. This "no xl" trend in freeride sucks. Taller guys who want to run shorter stems(to ride agressive dh) and still climb need longer top tubes. But, I do respect that the $$$ numbers must work.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
This "no xl" trend in freeride sucks. Taller guys who want to run shorter stems(to ride agressive dh) and still climb need longer top tubes.
Werd.
XL VPF is gone. TT on the XL Banshee's is shortened.
Everything has a 24" TT these days.
Who the hell wants to huck or DH with a 90-100mm stem? :bluefrown:

Grape Apes get no love............

BTW: Dusty, when are gonna change that avatar?
The hair on that guy just makes me angry.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
e[I said:
o]

BTW: Dusty, when are gonna change that avatar?
The hair on that guy just makes me angry.
That was one of the best SNL skits ever, Farley has hilarious, can't believe he's been dead for 10 years now, I'm getting old :)

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
:ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:
rroeder said:
That was one of the best SNL skits ever, Farley has hilarious, can't believe he's been dead for 10 years now, I'm getting old :)
:ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Whats the scoop - 6'8", 38" inseam over here. If turner pulls this one out - SC sees the rearview.....

I *DO* understand that we are a teeny segment, but maybe we're influential? Why not defy the absolute profit business model - if it can be done without losses it would be a service that would extend the brands quality and CS rep

Although DT already has that...

lol..

PLEASE? XL? Waah...

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DT is going to be making a small run of XL's. He told me last week that they are still a couple of months out. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
I hope that isn't a 108 point Hadley, El Chingon. You may recall that mine didn't last 4 full days of riding with you guys last spring.

Hopefully the XL Highline will be delivered b4 your big, celebratory trip to the Big W this summer! :D

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
El Chingon said:
DT is going to be making a small run of XL's. He told me last week that they are still a couple of months out. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
Are these frames claimed? And will they be the same price?

Oooh.. hmm.. consideration gets the nodski..

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kos: That is the 36 pt engagement version. Whistler is still on!

Huck: I don't think any of the XL's are claimed yet, but keep your eye on this forum. I'm sure there will be an announcement when the time comes to reserve one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.