Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a demand for the DT XCR 1.2 Ultimate wheelset? I have a set that I'm thinking about selling (depending on demand). They came on my Flash Ultimate. I think the only way to get them is to buy the flash ultimate.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Pointless addition to the bike if you ask me.

Infact most of the gear on the Ultimate is. This is the reason why I never purchased one.

They should sell the Flash Ultimate as a frame only bike.

My Flash Hi-Mod One has Mavic SLR's. And I wouldnt swap them for any wheelset. They look so dam sexy.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
KleinAttitude said:
Pointless addition to the bike if you ask me.

Infact most of the gear on the Ultimate is. This is the reason why I never purchased one.

They should sell the Flash Ultimate as a frame only bike.

My Flash Hi-Mod One has Mavic SLR's. And I wouldnt swap them for any wheelset. They look so dam sexy.
Each to his own, I can't wait to sell my slr's.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
They might get a decent price on ebay. Did you put them on a scale?

While SLR's are good durable wheels with true UST compatibility, they are not the lightest or the stiffest and many people just can't stand their rear hubs. Same thing with Notubes, they're light but that's pretty much their only selling point, not super stiff or strong or durable and the AC rear hub is even worse than the Mavic IMO.

The DT wheels are stiff, strong, have great hubs while being light... They don't work as well with converted tubeless as Notubes and are not UST like the Mavics but I'd still rate them as higher quality wheels. Choosing the best wheelset depends on what's your top priority. I prefer a true UST rim and I don't mind re-lubing the Mavic rear hub once in a while so Crossmax are still my choice.

·
Registered
851 Posts
bikesinmud said:
Each to his own, I can't wait to sell my slr's.
Not many people like you around.

Flash Ultimate = not a wise mans buy. Made for the people with money to waste.Bundled with non needed parts.

But I suppose you dont have much choice in America.

Hi-Mod 1 can save you $3,267.17 in the UK. Take a look at what you get on the Europe Hi Mod 1!!!

And then think what you could do with that $3,267.17 you saved. :D

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
KleinAttitude said:
Flash Ultimate = not a wise mans buy. Made for the people with money to waste.Bundled with non needed parts.
for some reason the north american production managers at cannondale have yet to figure it out yet yeah they will have a super bad ass flagship model then a huge gap for the next model down.

personally i'm miffed that to get what i wanted i had to buy an entire bike strip it down and put the parts that it should of come with in the first place.

what brain trust at cannondale could not figure it out that perhaps a flash 29er carbon with sram xx would be a good idea?

specialized figured it out...

http://www.specialized.com/zz/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=45861&eid=4342&menuItemId=9247

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Klein: actually, there are a lot of people not wanting the Crossmax, that's why there are so many on ebay. People who don't like to do maintenance, people who want the lightest and people that think they need instantaneous engagement freehub don't want Mavic wheels...

But I find it funny with your constant use of the term 'non-needed parts'. Seems a bit self-centered. Sure maybe you think the SLR are the best wheel ever and that XTR is the best but many could see those parts as 'non-needed parts' as well, when you think of it, SLX works just fine, so do alloy frames. On the other hand, XX has already proven to be the lightest and best shifting group in mountain biking with great gearing options much better than the traditional 3x9, Shimano has a lot of catching up to do IMO... Non-needed parts, best, these terms are very subjective so what is right for you might not be for HAL 9000 or me or anyone else, we all have different opinions, tastes, legs, skills... If there was one unique best build for everyone, we would all have the same bike, what a boring world that would be!

HAL: Probably because right now, there would be more people complaining the 29er Flash is too expensive if it was built with XX and Hollowgrams than people like you who are the oppostite, complaining the highest end 29er is not high end enough. But, swapping parts, upgrading, having a more unique bike is part of the fun, you should be happy!

·
Registered
363 Posts
KleinAttitude said:
Not many people like you around.

But I suppose you dont have much choice in America.

Hi-Mod 1 can save you $3,267.17 in the UK. Take a look at what you get on the Europe Hi Mod 1!!!

And then think what you could do with that $3,267.17 you saved. :D
:eek:ut: :headphones:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
HAL: Probably because right now, there would be more people complaining the 29er Flash is too expensive if it was built with XX and Hollowgrams than people like you who are the oppostite, complaining the highest end 29er is not high end enough. But, swapping parts, upgrading, having a more unique bike is part of the fun, you should be happy!
i know a few folks down in these parts that have been screaming for a Scott Scale "carbon" 29er yet since Scott is euro based they got a aluminum one i saw one yesterday nice starter 29er but not what folks wanted.

i woulda figured that after selling 29ers for a few years now cannondale woulda picked up on the high end market for 29 xc race bikes. After a few years of doing the "boutique" bike stuff i came back to where i started just buying company bike as a whole package some years it seems that cannondale is spot on with their offerings 08 scalpel team and 07 system six 1 were prime examples of bike i just bought and road as is.

with the buying power that cannondale must have how hard would it be for them to have a program like treks project one?

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/projectone/

what would be cooler than to go on line and order the exact bike you want? yeah so you might have to wait a month or so to get it rather than the instant gratification that americans mush have however folks would not have to just deal with what some bike manager thinks will sell.

hell even pivot cycles has some program where you can customize your bike for an upgraded fee.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
bikesinmud said:
depends, what do they weigh and are they UST compatable?
i transformed them in tubelss with DT kit and sealant

but, after, with some guys here , discovered a tech note in product manual in DT site:

this set can not be used with sealant ...only with tube !

i asked here on forum months ago , a guy replied me he is using with sealant with no issues

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bikesinmud said:
depends, what do they weigh and are they UST compatable?
Yes, and the DT guy told me that the stans tape will work with them also. I haven't ridden or even mounted them to the bike. They come with the DT tubless system. I am a big fan of the DT hub and have another wheelset that has one and has very quick engagement and very little maintenance required (unlike the mavic hubs).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eliflap said:
i transformed them in tubelss with DT kit and sealant

but, after, with some guys here , discovered a tech note in product manual in DT site:

this set can not be used with sealant ...only with tube !

i asked here on forum months ago , a guy replied me he is using with sealant with no issues
The DT guy says it's O.K. to use the tubeless system and the bike comes with the DT tubless system as well.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
rumshcawheely said:
Yes, and the DT guy told me that the stans tape will work with them also. I haven't ridden or even mounted them to the bike. They come with the DT tubless system. I am a big fan of the DT hub and have another wheelset that has one and has very quick engagement and very little maintenance required (unlike the mavic hubs).
Well if you reaaaallly need to let them go... Huu-huuummmm... ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.