Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I HAVE used the search function, but couldn't really find any thoughts on how these rims compare to some of the other popular ones (arch etc..) I am looking at these and also the WTB LaserDisc Trail 29er. I was wondering if anybody has the DT's or has experience with them, and what their thoughts are.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quality

Have been running these with tubes on a rigid ss for about 6 months. Not as light as Stans but they have been bombproof for me so far. They are not wide but no issues with running a WTB Weirwolf 2.55 LT on the front @25-30psi riding rocky XC trails. Have bottomed out the rim a couple of times, stopped each time expecting a flat and/or rim damage and nothing, not sure why but I'll take it!

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
Gearsroverrated said:
Have been running these with tubes on a rigid ss for about 6 months. Not as light as Stans but they have been bombproof for me so far. They are not wide but no issues with running a WTB Weirwolf 2.55 LT on the front @25-30psi riding rocky XC trails. Have bottomed out the rim a couple of times, stopped each time expecting a flat and/or rim damage and nothing, not sure why but I'll take it!
Couple guys I ride with run them (stock setup on their Specialized Stumpjumper FSR) and they have done well. Running into solid objects like large trees and fences will bend them, but they have stood up to lots of rocky steep singletrack with 1' - 2' drops. Wider tires are a bit more stable on wider rims, but they haven't had any pinchflats running tubes. Lighter wieght than WTB Dual Duties. I'd buy them if the price is right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I set one up last weekend with a roll of velox and a 26" Stans strip using a Maxxis Crossmax tire. Seated perfectly and in seconds with the air compressor. I would guess that I most likely did not need the velox but it was there.......

yourideit said:
just came stock on my stumpy also. so far so good. anybody running tubless on them?

·
ADIDAB
578 Posts
boomn said:
Actually, 90kg = 198lbs. And companies always like to play it safe with suggested limits. Based on what I have seen on these forums they are plenty strong for a ~24mm rim
:confused: Wow! I'm 94kg/208lbs (no gear) and have been running these for last 10 months or so with zero issues. Conditions around my parts would be considered rocky and very loose over hardpack. I use them with Schwalbe Marathons (700x35c) for commuting, an Exi/Ignitor combo for general trail riding and Schwalbe RR's (2.4/2.25) for racing. Apart from a couple of trues, these rims have been stellar and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.