Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the ST Swiss tubeless conversion kit for the 4.1 rim. It specifies using UST times, which I am inclined to follow. It seems the DT is fundamentally like the Stan's system and Stan's recommends non UST tires, with a specific indication of which tires work well and which are to be avoided.

Has anyone used non-UST tires with the DT Swiss 4.1 conversion kit and if so, which brands and models? Thanks.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
wyatt said:
I just got the ST Swiss tubeless conversion kit for the 4.1 rim. It specifies using UST times, which I am inclined to follow. It seems the DT is fundamentally like the Stan's system and Stan's recommends non UST tires, with a specific indication of which tires work well and which are to be avoided.

Has anyone used non-UST tires with the DT Swiss 4.1 conversion kit and if so, which brands and models? Thanks.
They probably wouldn't reccomend it, but seeing the DT is the exact same as the eclipse kit, it in very much like stans. All the tires stans reccomends on his website, will work with the DT. :)

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
That is DT Swiis playing CYA in the US....

Eclipse who makes them for DT Swiss did the same thing when they strated selling their strip in the US.

They will seal almost any tire better than Stan's. Stan's sealent is better though....

The only thing is when the sticky tape wears out, holding air might be hard and finding replacement tape in the US cheap is tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts