Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys,

First up I wondered if anyone had any QR dropouts are for the DT? I currently have a bolt-thru, but want the ability to change to a lighter wheelset for the Megavalanche 2010. Anyone switch to bolt thru and have some sat around?

Second and slightly more technical - I like the idea of the new Delirium, but I really like the adjustability and bolt thru on my current DT. I wondered if my existing DT rear-end, rockers and shock (CCDB) would fit on a 2010 front triangle? I suppose its a long shot, but just something which crossed my mind.

Ta

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Pretty Sure it Wont

Hopefully Noel will chime in. I dont think the 2010 is compatible with the previous years rear end, I'm pretty sure it uses an 8.75x2.75 shock to get 170mm of travel.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hi Beagle!

006_007 is correct: both the 2009 and prior frames and the 2010 Delirium use 8.5 x 2.5 stroke shocks, though the hardware is different on one end of the shock. However, the back ends of the frames are not compatible between generations.

Regarding the dropouts: if you can't find a set of the 135QR ones second hand, we do have both types in stock and any dealer or distributor can order the 135 QR dropouts from us if you would like to switch to them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
knollybikes.com said:
Hi Beagle!

006_007 is correct: both the 2009 and prior frames and the 2010 Delirium use 8.5 x 2.5 stroke shocks, though the hardware is different on one end of the shock. However, the back ends of the frames are not compatible between generations.
Cheers!
please forgive me for being thick here...... does this mean that the cane creek db off my 09 dt will fit streight on to the new 2010 dt.
sorry i am not the most technical minded person on the plannet.
i only wanted to know as i am seriously considering swapping my 09 dt for the 2010 model. and wanted to know if i could swap the double barrel over as its only a few months old.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Yes it will

delirian said:
please forgive me for being thick here...... does this mean that the cane creek db off my 09 dt will fit streight on to the new 2010 dt.
sorry i am not the most technical minded person on the plannet.
i only wanted to know as i am seriously considering swapping my 09 dt for the 2010 model. and wanted to know if i could swap the double barrel over as its only a few months old.
Except you will need different hardware on one end of the shock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts