Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering to convert my wife's Specialized Epic into tubeless, and wondering if I could do this by using only stans yellow tape and standard tubless valve.

The tires are S-Works FastTrak 2bliss, and rims are DT Swiss X420SL.

Has anybody gone tubeless with this same setup?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I did mine with the standard blue tape from Spec, Spec stock tires and Stans sealant. It did leak sealant out of the seam in the rims until the sealant sealed it up. I don't think they will work unless you use sealant.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
bikeguy0 said:
I did mine with the standard blue tape from Spec, Spec stock tires and Stans sealant. It did leak sealant out of the seam in the rims until the sealant sealed it up. I don't think they will work unless you use sealant.
I had sealant in mine and they had a slow leak that would not seal. I couldn't find where it was from but I would imagine it was from the seam because when I put the rim strips on it sealed up fine.

When I have to "refresh" the sealant I am going to try it again with just tape

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Stan is fine but let me suggest you the mighty Caffelattex from Effetto Mariposa. This product has taken the lead here in Italy and I know they're getting more and more popular and appreciated in the USA too. Besides working wonders the chemicals in it won't affect tyres and rims in the long run. I have it in all my bikes and I'm loving it,perfect spins,fast sealing,it's just great.

Have a look here,their main website is in english :
http://www.effettomariposa.com/

This is not advertising,I don't work for these guys,I'm just a very satisfied customer.If I have anyhow violated the forums rules please cancel this reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.