Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if DT Swiss is planning a 29er version of their new Tricon wheel?

These really intrigue me, but on DT's website, it appears that they are only available in a 26er version (and a road bike version).

Thanks!

·
This place needs an enema
16,944 Posts
kosmo said:
Anybody know if DT Swiss is planning a 29er version of their new Tricon wheel?

These really intrigue me, but on DT's website, it appears that they are only available in a 26er version (and a road bike version).

Thanks!
I think if the US office had their way, yes this would be on the near horizon or already happening. As long as the euro-tards continue calling the shots they'll continue to treat big wheels like small frites.

MC

·
Auto Racer
110 Posts
Word from DT Swiss as of last week was maybe, MAYBE 2011. Nothing for this season though.

EDIT: They did say if you want to run rim brakes you can use the 700c variant. Not a great option for most riders, but there is a way to run them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
No - do not use road Tricon for 29er

Bicycle019 said:
Word from DT Swiss as of last week was maybe, MAYBE 2011. Nothing for this season though.

EDIT: They did say if you want to run rim brakes you can use the 700c variant. Not a great option for most riders, but there is a way to run them.
Who said? The road Tricons have a tire width limite of 25mm. Plus the rear is 130mm and not even close to being re-dishable. Europe is behind the 29er curve, but give it time...

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the mayor said:
Does the world need another boutique wheelset?
Well, THIS world needs a super-stiff, tubeless-ready (no tape), 29er wheelset with proven, no-hassle, super-strong ratcheting mech hubs.

And for continuing domestic bliss, it would be best if they cost a lot less than a set of Edge composite wheels.

Honestly, I was perfectly happy with Bonty RXL wheels until they ditched the DT hub in the rear for a Formula (I think) POS that is lucky to last 1,000 miles.

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
kosmo said:
Well, THIS world needs a super-stiff, tubeless-ready (no tape), 29er wheelset with proven, no-hassle, super-strong ratcheting mech hubs.

And for continuing domestic bliss, it would be best if they cost a lot less than a set of Edge composite wheels.

Honestly, I was perfectly happy with Bonty RXL wheels until they ditched the DT hub in the rear for a Formula (I think) POS that is lucky to last 1,000 miles.
Yup:yesnod: And re-lacing the nice scandium RXL rims to a good hub will cost more than it's worth. Bonty blew it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.