Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do they rate from most weak/flexy to strongest/stiffest assuming 32 hole and disc application...

any idea?

DT aerolite

DT aero speed

DT alpine III

DT champion

DT competition

DT new aero

DT revolution

DT super comp

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
DH, XC, or somewhere in between? It's all about the right tool for the job. Personally, I wouldn't use the Revolutions for discs unless you were 98 lbs soaking wet. I wouldn't use the Aero... on anything but road wheels. The straight gauge Champions are pretty much just for budget wheels (i.e. cheap). The Alpine III are DH spokes. That leaves the Comps and SuperComps. In that, you just want to try to balance out your needs. If you need the wheels to be as light as possible without getting silly, the SuperComps are a good choice. Otherwise, the Comps would be the standard default choice. And if you really want to get tricky, you could mix and match, say Comps on the drive side rear and SuperComps everywhere else. Or maybe use the Wheelsmith DB14 which are slightly thinner in the middle and have more abrupt butting than the DTs so they are lighter but not quite as stiff as the Comp 14/15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.