Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm using a King classic front hub and a American Classic (non disc) rear, both hubs laced 3x to Mavic 117's. On the DT Swiss calculator do I enter "3" for the number of intersections? Also the non-disc version of the AC rear hub is not listed. Could it have the same dimensions as the disc-version?

I'm getting 265mm for the front spokes, and 260mm and 259mm for the rear spokes.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
"On the DT Swiss calculator do I enter "3" for the number of intersections?"

Yup, just enter 3 for both right and left side if that is what you are intending to do, 3X both sides.

"Also the non-disc version of the AC rear hub is not listed. Could it have the same dimensions as the disc-version?"

It's possible, but you never know. The current models of American Classic rear hubs, 225 Disc, and 210 Non-disc, have the same left to center and right to center measurements. However that doesn't mean that your hub matches the one in the DT calculator. American Classic has been around a while and has produced different hubs and changed things over the years. I would highly suggest one of two things. Either find out the exact model of your hub and contact AC and get the dimensions for your hub. What you'll need to know is, Spoke circle diameter, also refered to as Flange Diameter, or in the case of the DT calculator "Pitch Circle Diameter", and the distance of the Right Flange from the center of the hub and the distance of the Left Flange from the center of the hub. American Classic refers to flange distance as C-T-O Left and C-T-O Right Flange, on the DT caclulator it is stated as Flange distance le. and ri. Once you have these measurments they can be entered into the DT calculator manualy by selecting "User Defined" at the first drop down under the "Hub" heading. There is one other option, you could measure the hub yourself with a caliper if you know how, or have someone that knows what they are doning measure it for you. The reason you need to do this is that the figures for the above measurements that the DT caclulator displays for the AC disc rear is doesn't match anything that I can find for current specs on AC hubs. So find the specs for your hub and make sure that you get it right.

In any case DO NOT assume that the AC hub listed in the DT Calculator is the same as your hub. Unless your exact model is listed, it very well may not be the same and could give you some incorrect results. As expensive as spokes are, it makes no sense to assume that the calculator is correct. It very well could cost you extra $ if it's not.

Good Dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.