Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get the Mavic Crossmax initially, but I can see my budget for building my new hardtail MTB is quickly dewndeling. So, I have to go a little cheaper for the wheels.

What do you guys think of the DT XR4.1D Disc rms /XT hubs/DT Spoke wheelset? Are they strong for some hardcore XC? I don't plan on beating them on rocks or the like (I hope).

Thanks.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
kmfdm said:
I wanted to get the Mavic Crossmax initially, but I can see my budget for building my new hardtail MTB is quickly dewndeling. So, I have to go a little cheaper for the wheels.

What do you guys think of the DT XR4.1D Disc rms /XT hubs/DT Spoke wheelset? Are they strong for some hardcore XC? I don't plan on beating them on rocks or the like (I hope).

Thanks.
Not sure which Crossmax you are referring to (SL, XL, Enduro) but regardless, I would much rather have the DT Swiss XR4.1d rims, period. They are phenomenal rims. Take a look at a DT Swiss XR4.1d rims with Hope XC hub combo, which should be similarly priced. You will probably not find this combo pre-listed on-line but there are some good builders than can take care of you. I would much rather go with that than XT. Just some food for thought.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.