Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DT Swiss EX5.1d rims and I would like to install a tubeless kit. Has anyone tried the DT Swiss tubeless kit? Any advantages or disadvantages over Stan's? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I ran Stan's rim strips with Stan's sealant on my X317 rims for a while, and then changed to the DT/Swiss (Eclipse) rims strips and valves. I'm still using the Stan's sealant because the Eclipse sealent is really expensive (easily 4-5 times the price of the Stan's). The Eclipse rim strips are lighter than the Stan's, and the valve is seperate whereas the Stan's valve in bonded into the rim strip. This makes it much easier to throw in a tube on the trail if you can't get a flat to seal back up. Just unscrew the valve, leave the rim strip in there, and put in the tube.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was on Stans web page yesterday and he shows how his system resists air burping out of the tire better than the others. I had this happen during a race once so I would take the extra weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.