Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i wanna get the Dt Swiss FR2350 front and rear wheels for my prophet however it has a lefty shock all i would have to do is take or get the lefty hub and install it into the front wheel ??? how would i put it on

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Unless you can build your own wheels...

YOU won't put it on. Just take it to your LBS or local wheel builder and have them swap out the hub. Yeah you'll need get a lefty compatable hub. It would think that it would be cheaper to something like 6.1D DT Swiss rims, buy the spokes and maybe a new rear hub like a 440S FR, the spokes and then re-use the Lefty hub and build up your new set of wheels. Unless of course DT builds a set of FR2350's that come with a lefty compatable front hub. Anyway, one way or another you'll have to come up with a wheel that is compatable with that lefty.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's a good wheelset, but your best bet is just to purchase the rear wheel, and have your LBS work with you to make a custom front wheel. You can use the same rim, spokes and nipples if you want to have a similar front/rear setup. This would probably be cheaper than buying a pair and then breaking down the front wheel just to get at the rim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts