Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know DT Swiss is fairly customizable but wondering if I can swap the whole hub+cassette onto another bike. The stock wheelset on my bike has a DT Swiss 370 HG hub body. I'm not sure exact term for it but can I take the hub+cassette off to put onto another wheelset with a 370 hub?
I saw it done in an easton video & wondering if DTSwiss works similarly.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm not quite sure about the 370s but I know that they can be converted to 350 and it won't be that expensive. Maybe it will work better if you use such an unexpected method. Let us know what you've chosen:) Getting away from the topic, I'm wondering how did you get so many followers on your Instagram? 50k is impressive! Did you use professional help from companies like https://megafamous.com or you did it yourself? Just curious.

· CEO Product Failure
2,409 Posts
I have multiple sets of DT370's. I tried converting the Reserve DT370 sets we have on our gravel bikes to DT350s. DT did not recommend the conversion bc of a <1mm gap in the new "350" set up. Mechanically, it was sound but from a maintenance perspective it would've been bad.

· Registered
10,244 Posts
I have multiple sets of DT370's. I tried converting the Reserve DT370 sets we have on our gravel bikes to DT350s. DT did not recommend the conversion bc of a <1mm gap in the new "350" set up. Mechanically, it was sound but from a maintenance perspective it would've been bad.
So DT Swiss is not recommending using their ratchet ln upgrade kit that they released in the spring that includes a seal for that potential problem?

· CEO Product Failure
2,409 Posts
So DT Swiss is not recommending using their ratchet ln upgrade kit that they released in the spring that includes a seal for that potential problem?

Actually, that upgrade kit works! The kit was not available when I looked into this in spring 2021.

Thank you! I ordered 2 kits. ETA is March/April. According to DT, they will be introducing a 36t version in fall 2021. Fingers crossed, we own 4 sets of DT370's. Its ~$100 upgrade per set. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.