Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have them? i've seen at least 3 pictures of them and they are all different shades. i'm looking to match green king hubs but i've already struck out twice with 2 sets of different green nipples.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have them.
they are shite.
they come loose.
every ride.

ohh, and nobody will notice they match your hub, unless you are riding slow shouting 'look at my green nipples'. and then people will laugh at you.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
rob stokes said:
i have them.
they are shite.
they come loose.
every ride.

ohh, and nobody will notice they match your hub, unless you are riding slow shouting 'look at my green nipples'. and then people will laugh at you.
You have a very poor wheel builder. I have been using DT alloy nipples of every color for 20+ years and never had one loosen.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
saturnine said:
how do the green ones look, shig?
Green. Have nothing CK green to compare them to but the distance between the hubs and nipples combined with difference in light reflection makes any slight variation hard to notice. My gold nipples tend to look orange with the wheels on my orange/blue frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.