Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I smooshed the stock rim on my bike over the weekend, so am looking to get a new one. This will be for my 140mm trail/enduro bike, so I'm looking for rims that prioritise durability over weight. So far the DT EX 511 and WTB KOM Tough i30 are the ones that I can get hold of relatively easily and that match my 32 hole hubs. Looking for thoughts as to which ones would be the better bet before pushing the buy button.

Some more info, I'll be doing my local enduro series, which is mainly rocky, hard terrain. The rims need to be strong enough to handle my rubbish line choice and the odd cased jump. I'll be looking at pairing the rims with WT Maxxis Minion or Aggressor in 2.3" to 2.4" sizes. 30mm internal width works for me, so I'll be sticking to this.

·
Premium Member
8,674 Posts
No brainer for your use, the EX511, it is about the strongest aluminum rim made. Another good choice is the Race Face Arc30 HD.

Reactions: The_Bob
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.