Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
gnuH
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted before, but the weight of the stock e540 wheelset is 1175gr (rear) and 960gr (front) = 2135 grams. Add another 60gr for each skewer. Measured on an accurate digital scale.

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
05Willys said:
WOW the cheaper CrossRide wheelset on the enduro kit sounds like a better option now.
I'd rather have the DT-Swiss. Wider Rims, better for bigger tires. Just a better all-mountain set IMHO. I've treated mine rough and they've been great.

·
Registered
531 Posts
first flat today in 4 years

6th ride on my new 575. my last one had the 819s and was tubeless setup this one has the dt wheelset, and flatted today. my spare was so old the patch was dried up. sucked.

anyways- anyone convert the dt with the minions to tubeless with stans?

why are the build kits going back to tubes?

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
bikebum said:
anyways- anyone convert the dt with the minions to tubeless with stans?
Yes, and it worked great, though the ST Minion was heavy going to pedal around.

Now running Stans rimstrips and 60a UST Highrollers without a problem on the e540 rim. No latex used either.

·
Registered
531 Posts
driver bob,

please clarify: though the ST Minion was heavy going to pedal around

also you talk about the latex, do you mean the stans or the latexy rim strip already in the e540. i'm assuming i would pull that out anyways, but your talking about the stans.

thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
St Minions are 42a rubber so grip really well but make pedalling flats and uphills a real slog, so I swapped them for 60a Highrollers. Much faster rolling and make the bike feel much more alive.

Latex: The Minions had the rim strip plus Stans Latex solution to seal them. As the H'rollers were already UST I didn't use any latex solution, just the Stans rim strip and so far so good, no real leak issues.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had the highrollers on my first 575- they didnt last too long. these companies must put real soft tires on all the new bikes...

so your saying i'd be fine to buy ust tires and put them on the dt 540's.

thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.