Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am wondering what other people's thoughts are on drop length. I ride all xc trails here in South East Michigan. With the increase in man made trails we've acquired some little doubles and minor drops. I've never ridden with a dropper so looking for thoughts on whether 60mm makes much of a difference? I'm thinking you could still peddle when needed with it all the way down and it wouldn't feel to awkward? I'm liking the simplicity and weight of this dropper!

· Registered
2,703 Posts
Hi all!

I am wondering what other people's thoughts are on drop length. I ride all xc trails here in South East Michigan. With the increase in man made trails we've acquired some little doubles and minor drops. I've never ridden with a dropper so looking for thoughts on whether 60mm makes much of a difference? I'm thinking you could still peddle when needed with it all the way down and it wouldn't feel to awkward? I'm liking the simplicity and weight of this dropper!
60mm makes a huge difference. Especially for more margin of error rolling drops.

My wife lives and prefers her 65 for the reasons you stated. Mainly how easy it is to slam it without completely stopping your pedal stroke, and the fact that you can still pedal while down.

She has the same dropper in 125 that I can swap back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.