Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before but the search function isn't too helpful. I'm looking to replace my current rims (Mavic X223) at some point and I was wondering how these compare to the new 4.2D rims from DT Swiss. I mainly do what you'd call "All Mountain" here in the UK, so its nothing too extreme. The Mavics have held up fine for everything that I, and the guy who owned them before me, have been able to throw at them - some of which has been closer to freeride than AM!. Im just cautious that they might be too light, and not hold up as well. I know these are fairly new rims, but hoped that someone might have had some time on them by now :)

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
The 4.2d are DT's top XC rim... for the kind of riding you do, I would recommend the DT 5.1d.. I run those on my 575 and love them... I am planning on getting a set of 4.2d, but for my SS bike..

·
Photog Cyclist.
401 Posts
I would always choose the Swiss over the French !!!!!!! I have built wheels with many Mavic and a few DT hoops and they both know how to build a hoop, BUT I think the DT's build better--very round--no seam hop were they weld it. Haven't seen the 4.2D yet-but, no reason to think they are any different. Can't go wrong either way--in your case the builder in more important than the hoop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.