Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

dt swiss 240 centerlock axle conversion, skills?

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Devincicx 
#1 ·
about to get a 240 10x135 centerlock rear hub, and will need to convert it to 12x142 axle configuration. Do I need any special tool to make the conversion? Is it complicated ? I will need both end caps and axle, but anything else required?

thanks

#5 ·
With a second hand DT Swiss centrelock hub make sure you have the special DT Swiss lockring for attaching the brake rotor.:)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-swiss-centre-lock-lock-ring/rp-prod10262

The Shimano centrelock lockring that comes with a centrelock disc brake rotor doesn't work with the DT Swiss hub, as you can't tighten the lockring down with a Shimano cassette tool on a thru axle hub due to lack of space.

The DT Swiss centrelock lockring tightens down with a Shimano bottom bracket tool instead.

#7 ·
If it has the Silver Logo....then you need to swap out the axle and end caps

IF it has the White Logo...then you need to swap out only the end caps.

DT-0545 include a pair of adapters and one hub axle and are compatible with 240s hubs/wheels produced prior to July of 2010 (chrome-style logo sticker)

DT-0547 include end caps only and are compatible with 240s hubs/wheels produced after July of 2010 (white logo sticker)

#10 ·
I got a new wheel with a DT 240s centrelock 15mm thru axle front hub earlier this week. It came with the correct DT lockring included in the packaging.

You should have seen the head scratching as I tried to work out how to tighten a standard Shimano lockring on the 15mm hub before eventually realising my mistake.:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.