Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously with the steadily declining forum numbers around here DT needs to do something drastic. The DW Link was a bandaid. Just look at the 29er Board numbers - consistently in the high triple digits. That's where the future is people. To combat Turner's sad decline and to satisfy the persistent whining for a carbon 4" travel 29er platform or a long travel 29er AM platform DT just needs to suck it up and get ahead of the curve again. 26ers are now niche bikes. The small wheel format is on the way out. It's die hard adherents just don't want to admit it. If DT wants to keep his sales up he needs to COMMIT. Hence the TURNINER revolution. You can't have a revolution without evolution, and it's clear the MTB industry is headed for 29er land. DT can catch the wave or get left behind. He needs the 100mm travel FLEX, a Chinese carbon rocket for the racer boys. the 120mm SUNTAN for all the trail riders. The 140mm 9 SPOT for AM and finally the 160mm PBR dual crown monster for the DH set. Get on the wagon wheel or get out of the trail.

Attachments

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turnerbikes said:
it, you let the news out too early! We wanted to wait till the Sea Otter.
Sorry Dave, at least I didn't mention the Lenz/Niner/Turner merger.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
29ers are for old fat slow guys

Oh wait!, that's exactly the Turner demographic, smooth business move DT

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rroeder said:
29ers are for old fat slow guys

Oh wait!, that's exactly the Turner demographic, smooth business move DT
You forgot rich and snobbish.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap!
863 Posts
Well 26ers are still quite common up here in Canada.....well at least up here in BC anyways.
Never even tried one either.
This coming from a guy who has been told that I should get one.

But you are seeing more of them.

I will stick to my RFX's and 5-spot but if there was a 6 inch travel 29er..........:madman:
;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
turnerbikes said:
it, you let the news out too early! We wanted to wait till the Sea Otter.
Hmmm.... can't tell if this is a joke or not, but I'm _this_ close to pulling a trigger on a Carbon Epic. It would be nice to know if something is coming down the pike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts