Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My five year old DT Swiss free ride hub finally gave up the ghost and developed a hairline crack. I beat the hell out of that hub and never had a problem. I only discovered the crack while doing my winter tune up. I called DT Swiss and was told to send the hub in. I got home tonight and found a brand new 440 hub in my mail box. Sweet!!! :thumbsup: Count DT Swiss as a company who stands behind their product and give their customer great suport.:thumbsup:

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I bought two sets of the old 240 hubs a few years back. They are the generation that are prone to cracking (pre-2003?). One died about two years ago and DT replaced it. I was sort of wondering if DT would still warranty the other one when the fateful day arrives. I guess I will find out.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Each time I've contacted them they've been quick to respond, a plus right there. Then I had an older 240 crack way after warranty and reading about what I think were Mike T's and Tscheezy's posted experiences, contacted them and a 240s was promptly exchanged for my cracked 240. They've got a customer for life here.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shout out

Yeah, part of the reason I posted this is the forums tend to be used to punish companies for bad customer service. I wanted people to know what a good company DT Swiss is. I will use there products more in my future bike builds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.