Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my Sunday came with these wheels and they had held up preety well until northstar. The front is still perfect but the rear is thrashed. There are probably over 20 kinks in the rear and the wheel is starting to fall apart. My problem is when I try to tighten my spokes the hole spoke spins when I turn the nipple. And the spokes are like regular spokes cut in half because they are meant to be light so they will just keep twisting like redvines until they break. So, I cannot tighten my spokes or true my wheel, any ideas? And the wheel is preety much tacoed as well. I am just trying to get it through one more day of riding this weeknd. Looks like I will be riding my nomad this weekend at n*.

917 Posts
novato kid said:
Ok, so my Sunday came with these wheels and they had held up preety well until northstar. The front is still perfect but the rear is thrashed. There are probably over 20 kinks in the rear and the wheel is starting to fall apart. My problem is when I try to tighten my spokes the hole spoke spins when I turn the nipple. And the spokes are like regular spokes cut in half because they are meant to be light so they will just keep twisting like redvines until they break. So, I cannot tighten my spokes or true my wheel, any ideas? And the wheel is preety much tacoed as well. I am just trying to get it through one more day of riding this weeknd. Looks like I will be riding my nomad this weekend at n*.
ur a rich mofo anyway, just buy a new wheel.

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
I honestly don't understand why bike companies spec dtswiss rims or people buy them. They're softer than cookie dough from what i've seen on every single one. i just wonder why...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.