Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my rear hub. It was tight, but all of a sudden developed play. I don't think it's the bearings. Is there anything besides bad bearings that could cause play in a DT 240s rear hub?

The frame is solid. I checked with another wheel.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,598 Posts
There is not a whole lot to the 240 hubs.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
DT 240 rear hub play

I have a problem with my rear hub. It was tight, but all of a sudden developed play. I don't think it's the bearings. Is there anything besides bad bearings that could cause play in a DT 240s rear hub?

The frame is solid. I checked with another wheel.
Interesting---my rear dt 240 had a creaking noise from new--which sounded like a faulty bottom bracket bearing or suspension creak. Noise was evident from new. I sussed it out myself & dealer fitted new bearings. Problem cured. However I've just noticed play in the hub--& also a slight tinkling noise when pedalling hard on climbs--suspect tinkling noise is disc touching pads.is I can only feel play with the wheel in the bike--bearings are smooth as. Bike/hub is only 2 months old.[Santa Cruze Bronson Carbon Enve wheelset]. If it is bearings then this will be the 2nd faulty set. Be int to hear any comments. Wheel will be returned to dealer to either fix or replace hub. Will post a reply when I find the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts