Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a light 15mm axle front hub.

I came across the DT Swiss 15mm hubs and I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between the 240, 340 and 370 15mm centerlock hubs. They look exactly the same except for the stickers but the weight seems to vary quite a bit according to the DT website.

Any other good, light (and not too expensive) 15mm hub suggestions will be welcome.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Different materials in the hub, lighter axles, hub shells and different bearings AFAIK.
Take a look at the DT 240s Oversize too - converting to 5mm, 9mm, 15mm and 20mm are all possible with adapters so it covers all current bases.
Another to try is the Hope Pro II, same idea as the DT but cheaper.
If it must be a centrelock hub, then you are pretty limited.

·
Registered
560 Posts
DGB said:
Different materials in the hub, lighter axles, hub shells and different bearings AFAIK.
Take a look at the DT 240s Oversize too - converting to 5mm, 9mm, 15mm and 20mm are all possible with adapters so it covers all current bases.
Another to try is the Hope Pro II, same idea as the DT but cheaper.
If it must be a centrelock hub, then you are pretty limited.

Dont suppose you know if the Tricon XM 1550 can be converted to a 20mm (front)

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
etal said:
I'm looking for a light 15mm axle front hub.

I came across the DT Swiss 15mm hubs and I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between the 240, 340 and 370 15mm centerlock hubs. They look exactly the same except for the stickers but the weight seems to vary quite a bit according to the DT website.

Any other good, light (and not too expensive) 15mm hub suggestions will be welcome.
Go check the tech manuals. Different bearing quality, materials, detail design, level of finish, weight to meet a price point.

·
Registered
464 Posts
A buddy has then on his HT. He hasn't done that much mileage on them but so far they seem to be rock solid. Can't comment long term though.

Check out Hope Pro 2 too - cheaper at $67.30 (current exchange rates) on CRC (not CL either).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts