Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience servicing this post? Mine leaks and needs a new top o-ring but I can not get a hold of dsp and can't find and service kits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't have one and don't know of anyone who does, but if you are getting nowhere and decide to take it apart to investigate I'm sure it won't be too hard to figure out a replacement seal.
Alternatively you can like send it to a reputable suspension rebuilder and they can figure it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I'm gonna have to do. There are no companies in the us that service dsp products and only one in the uk but they don't do the dropper post! I'm just gonna give it a go myself

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good luck and if you encounter challenges with disassembly, sourcing parts or reassembly, post some pic's/info and hopefully it won't be too hard to sort out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet thanks man! I just emailed them! Hopefully they have some helpful info!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok an update. I replaced the leaking o-ring and it fixed the air problem. Soooo I aired it up and no all I have is a really expensive suspension post -___- When I push the remote lever it doesn't make the post drop. I have the proper amount of air in it. So I'm assuming the release valve isn't working properly? or something along those lines? Has anyone had any issues remotely similar to this? Still no answer from DSP either! Terrible customer service as it's been 4 weeks now since I've emailed every department of the company.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok new update... I ripped the post apart again and found out the previous owner put the release valve set-up back together completely wrong so the valve was stuck open.. causing the post to not lock. Also from it not being rebuilt properly the push rod that actuates the release valve is all bent up and dinged at the tip so I cleaned that up a little and re shaped it. But for now I have to wait for my new shock pump to come in to make sure it works properly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok new update... I ripped the post apart again and found out the previous owner put the release valve set-up back together completely wrong so the valve was stuck open.. causing the post to not lock. Also from it not being rebuilt properly the push rod that actuates the release valve is all bent up and dinged at the tip so I cleaned that up a little and re shaped it. But for now I have to wait for my new shock pump to come in to make sure it works properly.
Hi ! would you have some picture or could you explained a little on how to take it appart to replace the seal ? thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts