Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've been doing recon up here. The south exposed Elden mountain trails around Fat Mans loop are good but only the south exposed not treed sections. Not too epic. I also hiked around on Ft. Valley yesterday. Lots of mud and ice. But doable if you went crack of dawn when the mud is frozen and can handle skethchy ice that even my hiking boots were slipping on.

Any higher in elev and in canyons is still covered in snow

I'd wait a couple weeks- if we don't get any snow, it could be worth it.

Or get a Pugsley or Mukluk.

If anyone getting any ideas, don't go trash muddy trails! That's not cool and not LNT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i just returned from fisher point/ campbell mesa by way of the urban trail behind homco.

the section from the urban trail to fisher point was still pretty snowy as i suspected, but starting at the equestrian bypass that takes you to the top of fisher point onwards to the campbell mesa trailhead was 90% dry. the snow is shallow and crusty, easily ridable.

the west leg of the walnut meadows loop on campbell mesa was 100% dry, however most of the trails i encountered today were really loose, not muddy but still like riding through molasses. i definitely had a good time though, and my bike isn't very crusty. i think i'll do it again if it stays dry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.