Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this product on a Stumpjumper, or any other bike with under the BB cable routing? Given our frequently sloppy conditions here in Oregon, I am considering them for my 120.

Dry Cables

This product was suggested in another thread.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
sounds pretty similar to Gore Ride-On cables, which rock btw.

Give em a go. They cost about half what the gore cables do, so that's a good thing. Dealer cost for gores is like 50 bucks. I was like :eek: when I bought a set for my enduro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dry Cables Work Great

Used to ride Gore derailleur cables but can't find them anymore. Bought a set of shift cables from Dry Cables for my Giant VT and my buddy Jeff bought a set for his Specialized which has below BB cable routing. Cables are still running smooth and shifting perfectly a year later on both bikes. We ride through a lot of mud here in Connecticut. Dry Cables appear to be as good as Gore Cables. Anyone else had (good or bad)experience with Dry Cables?

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
has anyone found an alternative routing for sealed cables, that doesn't go under the bb and doesn't end up with ghost shifting? its a lot of money to shell out for new sealed cables everytime you lamp the bb off a rock...

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
jaysus said:
has anyone found an alternative routing for sealed cables, that doesn't go under the bb and doesn't end up with ghost shifting? its a lot of money to shell out for new sealed cables everytime you lamp the bb off a rock...
you could make a guard maybe? my chainring guard usually hits rocks before my BB does. I think some people doin full length housing have tried alternate routing though.

Anybody tried Nokon cables?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.