Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Cool,not myself but my brother is currently doing time in California state prison,all drug related.One of the things I talk to him about is MTB after he gets out several months from now.Hopefully the time gets the DEMON out of his system and he can ride with me(im even considering getting him a bike)...

·
Registered
201 Posts
socalMX said:
Cool,not myself but my brother is currently doing time in California state prison,all drug related.One of the things I talk to him about is MTB after he gets out several months from now.Hopefully the time gets the DEMON out of his system and he can ride with me(im even considering getting him a bike)...
get him a bike it will help give him something to do. keep him away from people from his past that did drugs if you can. i went through this with my cuz a few time he kept relapsing
and went back to jail 2 more times till i started to hang out with him more witch kept him away from the people who where not trying to help him. also he has to want to quit himself before you can help him. hope every thing works out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
AndyN said:
How is mountain biking not a drug?
It is an addiction for sure i started with a $500 bike and now own a $5000 bike and was only a year later and i still try to find parts to up grade. not to minchin all the riding witch is the good part but still an addiction in its self.

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
Cycling IS my recovery. Was addicted to meth for 22 years. I made a ton of money as a stockbroker, so I was high non-stop. Now, I have a new addiction - BIKE PARTS!

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
I recovered some drugs on a ride once. Did 'em all.

Also been known to recover a couple of sofas and a comfy chair with a velvety stripe pattern. Railroaded, of course.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Finch Platte said:
I recovered some drugs on a ride once. Did 'em all.

Also been known to recover a couple of sofas and a comfy chair with a velvety stripe pattern. Railroaded, of course.
LOL @ your avatar!!!!

Best of luck to all of you recovering! I know it's a hard thing to overcome, I've seen it more than once in my family.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.