Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes

i was wondering if anyone has any tips on safely executing and landing small drops (4 feet or so, i dont really do much bigger) that have narrow run ups and landings, for example the other day i was on a really sweet trail that i had never been on, and i came upon a drop that was basically a 4 set of stars but that was about 4 feet high (made out of rocks) the run up was a single track path with a sheer drop on one side, and basically a vertical wall of roots, rocks and dirt etc. on the other, the landing was similar. i actually ended up walking this becasue i didnt really want to kill myself ;) any tips or advice on doing drops like this would be appreciated

thanks a bunch :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just Go For It?

I can't suggest much else. There is a drop on one of the local trails that is similar. The drop is around three feet over a couple of tree roots. You basicaly drop between two trees then land in the bottom were the trail turns. You can just clear the drop with the back tire before you have to start turing so you can hit it at any real speed. All of it being on a steep side slope. Best option would probably be what I think they were calling a Wheely Drop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.