Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is too much, too much? Because there's this grass gap that I really want to hit at my local college. The only thing is that the landing is flat. Would it be dumb to try a gap that has about a 8-10 foot drop to flat, even if I hit it at about 15-20 MPH?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I don't have the money to replace the bike. I just got it a week and a half ago.

May I ask (pardon my ignorance) exactly how the stress would be caused on the bike? The AS-X is a big hit bike and I'm a pretty smooth rider, I rode BMX for about 5-6 years, I figure if I put enough air in the shock it would be fine but I don't know.

·
Registered
605 Posts
that just doesn't sound like fun.... i ride an ASX aswell i'm sure the frame would be fine, but your rims and suspension would sure take a beating, the landing would flat out be rough no matter how smooth you are on a fully....... i've done a 9 foot to flat drop once... wont do it again :p i didn't really do it on purpose either, i was on an elevated parking lot and it didn't look that far down the side :p the rims came out with a cple flat spots lol to rough to be fun is my opinion... than again some people like big drops to flats.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm not a hack that only does drops to flat. I don't really do them often, but this one just looks too fun. Would DH rims really come out that bent? Sorry, if my questions seem dumb but I'm not very educated when it comes to the ins and outs of bikes, I just ride them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hit it. I dropped a 13 footer to flat on my friends Yeti AS-X. Your landing is grass like mine was and they absorb some of the landing because it is soft ground. The bike will hold up fine. Take a movie of it when you hit it.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
since it is into grass it won't be horribly bad. not something you will want to do often, but your bike isn't going to fail just from doing it once. be smooth....set it up stiff and have fun.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.