Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting stealth dropper post for Enduro 29 and I would appreciate opinions on how easy it is to move stealth post using regular QR or threaded binder.
I am tall (6'5'') and while 150mm post travel is enough for most of riding I would prefer to drop it all way to the frame for dirt jumping, slopestyle and some harder freeriding. Does the cable just curls inside the frame or it could get stuck? I would imagine that full hydro (Reverb) would work better than cable-actuated LEV...
Any experience?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The manufacturers are recommending a bolt style seat clamp. If you over tighten the quick release clamp, the dropper post can bind or be damaged. That being said, if your careful, it should be fine. Reverb hydro lines do not coil anywhere. They are thick. You would have to feed the line into and out of the frame as you move the post up and down. A lev with a cable on the outside of the frame would be super easy to manage.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! That's what I kind of expected.
OK, I'll figure out how to route cable of regular LEV in reasonably clean manner...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts