Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Techno-Beaver
123 Posts
Hey,
Just installed the Joplin on my 575 and it looks killer. (Haven't ridden it yet) Joplin has a new post out called the 4 and it is supposed to have addressed all the issues anyone had with the prior post. I went with the lever version as opposed to the remote. Didn't want all the fuss. I was at the Tribe Gathering this year in Winter Park and they were talking pretty highly of these posts.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
crisillo said:
another vote for the GD, it may not look as cool as the more "current" offerings, but it is super reliable.
I have ridden a few posts. Most fall short by one means or another. The GD is hands down the most reliable of them. It is also the best sealed against the elements, something I hadn't fully appreciated until this year while doing so much riding on wet trails.

I am currently using a command post. It has some features that I really like and it looks great. But if I didn't need the offset I would be back on a GD :)

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Gravity Dropper works reliably without any fluids or air. I'd try the Command post but that silly clamp design drives me crazy on the road bike. I toque it high and use carbon assembly paste on the rails and the round inserts. I'm set...I hope.

I hear/see that it is worse on the Command post. My buddy hates the thing. Hit a bump and that tilt goes upwards. You can reduce the annoyance with carbon assembly paste but hit a big bump and there you go again. The rest of the design seems to finally work.

I hear GD is coming out with a 30.9 this year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just built my 575 with a Joplin 4 remote and it works great. It needed a bit of air added, as it was a bit slow in the last inch before fully extended. Now it extends with authority. Hardly any side to side play compared to my Joplin 3. I really like the Joplin 4, so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.