Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a dropper post and was wondering if there are ones that are better for bigger people or definitely one to avoid. I like the PNW Ridge, especially for its price but the company said its warranteed for 275lbs or less. If I wants to ride with a full backpack this would really be pushing that number or depending on the time of the year could actually exceed. Thoughts and recommendations?

·
No talent hack
1,118 Posts
Yoke Revive 185 for me too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone over 250lbs on a Bike Yoke is voiding the warranty! You guys should know better! Ha ha!

I might be a little over their suggested max weight too and I've got a couple of them (185 & 160). So far no problems and I love how easy it is to "revive" them, which I've only had to do once. But the guy I bought my most recent one from, who's also a big dude, did warn me about the weight limit before he ordered it.

I forever swore off Reverbs after just one headache after another, but the guy I mentioned before, who's like 265lbs, said the internals are way better these days. I still won't buy one, tho. I also used to run Thomsons on my bikes, and they were quality, but short travel and I hate that you have to send it in for service that's too damn expensive.

IF you bought a PNW, do you think they'll literally weigh you before warrantying it? That would just be chincey. The new Loam looks cool, and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m running a reverb with the wolf tooth sustain on my full sus and the PNW Rainer gen 3 on my fat bike. Both work great with no issues after I got ride of the hydraulic line on the reverb.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I'm running a 180mm One-up Components dropper post on my 29er AM HT...

No issues... other than it disappears rather quickly from underneath me i.e. when I sit on it and depress the lever.

On my other bikes I've got Giant Contact droppers @150mm travel.

They're require a bit more pressure to drop down.

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts