Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to MTB and picked up a 2014 GT sensor in like new condition. I want to add a dropper post but unsure if I need an internal or external actuated post. The cables for the sensor are all external but the bottom of the seat tube is open so I think an internal would work. Could someone make a recommendation?

·
Sneaker man
3,803 Posts
If the bottom of the seat tube is open and you can get a cable up there, then sure you can run an internal dropper (of course you can also still use an external).
Depends on your budget... I have a BrandX ascend (have the external version) that I used on one bike and was great, cheap and worked well and no issues after 4 years of use... Also have a KS Lev Carbon Internal on another bike, much more $$$$ and doesnt work as well as the brand X and has already been warranty replaced once after 6 months use.
There are a bunch, pick your price point and then think about the setup you prefer (lever included? type of lever, type of cable attachment/activation etc) and go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.