Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
jcd's best friend
3,504 Posts
Any tips? When I removed removed the DOA reverb, a foam insert came out with it. I've tried running housing from the front, and also down through the seat tube, but I can't seem to find whatever hole it goes through.

Thanks in advance!
I routed mine with the bottom bracket out so I can see. Then again, I was working with a brand new and bare frame :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, thank you both. So if I remove the BB, then I'd start by feeding the cable in from the head tube? Or start at the BB and push in both directions?

Thanks again!
I've never thought of starting at the BB and feeding both ends. That might actually work well. I just started at the head tube and fed down to the bottom bracket, guided it through the hole with my hands then fed upward. All with the bb removed, obviously.

Those foam tubes are just to reduce rattles inside the frame. Just slide them over the new housing and it helps quiet the ride a little.

·
damned rocks...
2,640 Posts
I started from the head tube and then guided the housing up the seat tube.
I forgot to install the foam tube and haven't noticed any rattle but it could be because I'm distracted.
When adjusting the housing don't just pull it at one end, always push and pull both ends at the same time. If you just pull it, at the BB area the housing will rub on the sharp edge of the down tube end, and it will damage the housing outer plastic layer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.