Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the small frame, the seat tube only has 7 7/8" of maximum insertion length. I can only go up to maximum exposed seat post length of the same 7 7/8".

I would like to have 5" or 125mm of travel in a post. The only one I know so far that will fit those requirements so far is the KS Lev/Integra. I'd like to not use this post as their CS SUCKS!!!

I'd like the mechanical reliability of the Gravity Dropper, but only the 350mm 4" drop will fit.

The Command Post is nice but is set back. That won't work since the ETT on the Mach 6 is already a bit long for me.

XFusion posts are too long at 400mm+

Reverbs too long.

Thompson? Mucho $$ and internal routing not out yet.

So, basically what I need:
*Max. insertion and exposed post of 7 7/8" on both ends.
*5" drop if possible
*Zero setback
*Does not have to be internal routing but it is preferred
*Good customer service.
*User serviceable
*Proven history/reliability
*Cost not equal to an XC fork

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I Just put a fox DOSS post 5" on my small 5.7 carbon. The seat posts should be roughly similar in length. Yes it is mechanical but not internal routing. Also it only has 3 posiions. it gives you 7.5 inches in length to the collar with 5 inches of drop which works perfect for me. I went with the doss over all others cause I like the simplicity in mechanical as well as not having to think where the seat is going to be when I push the lever. At the end of the day I wanna ride and not constently adjusting the seat post to get the right height. So far in all reviews I have read it has yet to get anything bad in the reliability department. it has been in service for almost 2 years. other then the Gravity dropper post (which is ugly as sin) no other post can claim that yet that I know of.

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
+1 for reliability on the DOSS. i even broken a gravity dropper... twice. All i ever did for the FOX was replace the cable and add air one time.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The doss is $400+ also and it's a beast weight wise. Ive had 3 GDs and they were great. I'm going GD again and settle for a 4" drop. Thanks for the suggestion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts