Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's spring, which means I could use an upgrade, but not quite ready to retire the old girl.
So i am thinking a dropper post. I have a 27.2 seattube.
I did some googling and just wanted to ask: do any of the limited offerings lend themselves to the HL spot in terms of cable routing? I really want a bar mounted switch.

KS Lev looks nice but is pricey
Xfusion HiLo anyone?
then there is an origin8 model, cheap, but... OK?

And if you have a spare you want to sell... hook me up!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Had a Gravity Dropper on mine, was flawless. Even switched it over to my new DW Spot when I got it and used a shim. Now on a KS LEV on the DW Spot and love it. You can probably find a used GD in the classifieds or PB I would bet. I just sold/gave mine to a friend still running an old school Burner!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I've used the Xfusion on the old Spot for a few years now. It's been mostly good. Sometimes slow to return but I went and serviced it and it's worked great ever since (last year or more?). I have the KS LEV on the new Flux, way better and nice to not have to deal with the cable movement. The $$ was higher though so your choice.

Here's that XFusion HiLo service info:
X-Fusion Hilo Service - Bikes | Cycling | Mountain Biking on Cyclist No.1

Good luck with that.

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
Gravity Dropper without a doubt
I just "upgraded" my 30.9 GD post with a new KS LEV TI and i think i just wasted several hundred bucks.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
If you can wait, Thomson reports they'll be releasing their 27.2 Elite Dropper June 1st. I'm thoroughly impressed with the one I installed on my Czar.

·
climber
293 Posts
I recommend Gravity Dropper

Connector Trail.jpg
Mine is a 27.2 "classic model" that I have used over the years on a 6 Pack, Flux and now on my Sultan. It is mechanical design and very reliable. I like the fact that the cable stays in a stationary position. Mine has the 2 and 4 inch drop which gives me 3 positions. It took me 5 minutes to get used to it. Now, I have countless hours of "muscle memory" riding this seat post and I cannot ride trails without it!

Actually, I recommend this post for 30.9 users too. Works great, costs less and made in USA too

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you can wait, Thomson reports they'll be releasing their 27.2 Elite Dropper June 1st. I'm thoroughly impressed with the one I installed on my Czar.
This^^

I'm waiting for the Thomson 27.2 as well.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap!
853 Posts
I think the Thomson 27.2 would be worth the wait as they produce quality seat post in the larger sizes, so it would be interesting to see there version.
However, I have the KS Lev seat post and I have been impressed with it so far!

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have Gravity Dropper turbo with right hand lewer mounted left side, so it is easy to use with thumb, works great.

Lähetetty minun GT-P3100 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. The KS Lev is what I want, but too $. The gravity dropper will probably be the one when I find one used somewhere.
The Thomson will most likely be awesome and $$$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Gravity Dropper turbo with right hand lewer mounted left side, so it is easy to use with thumb, works great.

Lähetetty minun GT-P3100 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
^^^This. I have the Gravity Dropper Turbo on 2 bikes for years (one being 2005 6 Pack) with right hand lever mounted upside down on left side and it is the bees knees. No issues at all and never even a need to service. Mechanical is where it's at. Period.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but T-Mars have a mechanical dropper post on ebay for under $100...works the same as a Gravity but much cheaper... I just put one on my HL Spot... Cable runs nicely under seat tube brace & alongside rear brake line...works beautifully as well :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow. Even GD gets ripped off by Chinese knocks offs? How many drop positions does it have or is it just up or down? Guess it is worth a shot for $80. Will be interested to see how long it lasts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts