Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a dropper post for my large v.2 Offering frame, which I don't have yet. I've looked at all the measurements and still not sure if I can get away with a 200-210 mm travel post. I'm coming from Knolly which have straight seat tubes so haven't had to do this much math before. The One Up and PNW Loam have 297mm and 290mm of maximum shaft length respectively but the max insertion depth is 260mm on the size large. I think it'll be close but has anyone had first hand experience trying the 200-213mm posts in this frame?

How tall are you, what's your biking inseam and what length dropper are you running on your size large Offering?

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,334 Posts
How tall are you @KRob?

I'd been ignoring the Offering V2 on my shortlist because of the SB+, but it is tempting me. 6'2" they think I'm a large.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How tall are you @KRob?

I'd been ignoring the Offering V2 on my shortlist because of the SB+, but it is tempting me. 6'2" they think I'm a large.
If it's anything like the Following V3 geometry, get the XL. I'm the same height with 34" inseam and average length arms, and the L was too small. XL feels great for me with a 50mm stem, 1cm of spacers under the stem, and 780mm bars with 20mm rise.

SB+ is fine. I was annoyed for about five minutes and then I got over it. These bikes are so good.

·
4,334 Posts
If it's anything like the Following V3 geometry, get the XL. I'm the same height with 34" inseam and average length arms, and the L was too small. XL feels great for me with a 50mm stem, 1cm of spacers under the stem, and 780mm bars with 20mm rise.

SB+ is fine. I was annoyed for about five minutes and then I got over it. These bikes are so good.
Geo makes the L Offering look like a very slightly smaller XL Following.

Sorry for the threadjack K :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
How tall are you @KRob?

I'm 6'2", 34" cycling inseam, even height to wingspan on a large and am very happy with the sizing. I may add a slightly longer stem (40-45mm) but it works great as is.

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How tall are you @KRob?

5’ 11.5”. I always ride large, Evil’s fitting guide puts me on a large (though I imagine I could get away with a medium as well), and like I said all the numbers for the large are very similar to my large Fugitive which fits well, so I’m expecting it to fit.

I’ll have it built up this weekend hopefully so I’ll report back.

Follow up to the seat post question: I got the chance to throw a leg over a large with a slammed 175mm Reverb and didn’t have much room to raise the post out of the tube. My knee was pretty well extended. I ordered a 180 One Up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,334 Posts
No worries. I’m always up for seeing where the discussion will lead.

How have you been?

I'm good, not as famous as you with all of your local trails coverage :)

And then obviously debating having to spend way too much money to finally replace my 8+ year old Burner due to new bike itch.

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm good, not as famous as you with all of your local trails coverage :)

And then obviously debating having to spend way too much money to finally replace my 8+ year old Burner due to new bike itch.
Ha ha, yeah I was going to ask if you still had your Turner. My buddy just replaced his 5-6 year old Burner with a Fugitive LT. He’s loving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts